The Market Tavern, Market Place – The Henry VIII Banqueting Hall
Originally built in 1870 by a limited company of various merchants and other investors known as the Assembly Rooms Company Limited. Upstairs was a function room and downstairs was used as a market hall.
The building has had a number of uses including as a Cinema, Ballroom, Crowle Institute, and after the war as a Betting shop before being turned into the Henry VIII Banqueting Hall before being turned into an Inn – “The Market Tavern” in 19??. After this business failed the building fell into a state if disrepair and was nearly demolished in the late 1990?s. However it was saved and turned into offices.