Local Board formed 11th August under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1858 Crowle Urban District Council formed in 1894. This image is of the last Urban District Council. The Council Meeting Room at that time was in the former Congregational Church (Now a joinery workshop). This picture was taken behind St Norbert’s Priory….
A topographical account of the isle of Axholme By William R. Peck Published 1815 Now available in full text on Google Books http://books.google.com/books?id=Nt8HAAAAQAAJ