Category: Churches

January 1, 1970

St Norbert’s Roman Catholic Church

Church website: http://stnorbertscrowle.org.uk The catholic chuch dedicated to St Norbert and the blessed sacrement was built in 1872 by M. E. Hadfield & Son. Between 1872 and 1983 there was also a Priory attached to the church. It was staffed by confreres from Tongerlo Abbey, Belgium. Catholic Life Flourished (From an article in the Scunthorpe Evening Telegraph, Special Edition, 2 November 1999. by Frank Sykes) The […]

January 1, 1970

St Oswald Parish Church

There was a church in Crowle at the time of the Domesday survey in 1066. It is likely that this structure was was a simple wooden structure with a rush roof. Geoffrey de Wirce, who was the first Norman Lord of the Isle of Axholme gave a quantity of land in Crowle to the Abbey of Saint Germains at Selby. The original stone church was […]