Local Board formed 11th August under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1858
Crowle Urban District Council formed in 1894.
This image is of the last Urban District Council. The Council Meeting Room at that time was in the former Congregational Church (Now a joinery workshop). This picture was taken behind St Norbert’s Priory.
Crowle became part of the Isle of Axholme Rural District Council in 1936.
Isle of Axholme Rural District was amalgamated with the Borough of Goole, Goole Rural District Council and Howden Rural District to form Boothferry Borough Council in 1974.
In 1996 North Lincolnshire Council, a unitary authority, came into being. The district was formed by a merger of the boroughs of Glanford and Scunthorpe, and southern Boothferry (including Crowle).