angus

Crowle Commons

  Crowle Commons on the 1738 Manorial Plan The enclosure of the open fields and commons at the beginning of the 19th century brought about a significant change to the map of Crowle and Ealand, The 1738 manorial plan and survey gives a superb insight into the layout of the open fields and commons in…

Crowle Charities

Crowle Charities

The entries in the Crowle Survey of 1738       Walkwood’s Dole   Plan of the property on Church street in 1738. (North to top of plan) The manorial plan shaded charity property Green and in the survey is described as; “54, In Hand, Mr Richard Clarks copy House, School and Gardens”. As listed…

Bourne Chapel – Primitive Methodist Chapel, Cross Street

The chapel and schoolroom were opened in 1862 an replaced an earlier chapel, set up in 1830, that had been located on Chapel Street. The chapel was in the following circuits at the dates indicated: Scotter Primitive Methodist Circuit 1830-1847 [Brigg Primitive Methodist Circuit 1831-1835] Epworth Primitive Methodist Circuit 1847-1877 Crowle Primitive Methodist Circuit 1877-1932…